Terms and Conditions
All rates are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of the Goods and Services Tax and valid for the period specified. Pricing on third party sites is subject to their terms and conditions.
Bookings & Payment
All bookings are subject to confirmation. Authorised credit card details are required at time of booking to secure your reservation. Your credit card will be charged in full at check-out. Cancellation 48 hours or less before arrival date will result in loss of first night payment – see General Cancellation Policy.
From 2.00pm. Check-in prior to this time is on an availability basis.
Check-out time is 10.00am. Later departures up to 12pm are subject to room availability. Later Departures to 4pm will incur a Day Use fee and are subject to availability.
Day Use Policy
Day Use hours – rooms can be used for day use, subject to availability. The following hours apply – 9.30am to 4.00pm inclusive (a fee of one night’s accommodation may apply to guarantee 0930am check in).
Group Rooming Lists
- 60 Days: Preliminary room numbers must be received by the hotel.
- 30 Days: Final room numbers and preliminary rooming list, together with meal arrangements, must be received by the hotel.
- 14 Days: Final rooming list, together with meal arrangements, must be received by the hotel.
Group Policy – Deposits
- 60 Days: Deposit equal to the first night’s room revenue is required, unless alternative credit arrangements have been made directly with the hotel.
- 30 Days: Full pre-payment of total room revenue is required, unless alternative credit arrangements have been made directly with the hotel. Full pre-payment of banquet space is required, unless alternative credit arrangements have been made directly with the hotel.
Group Policy – Cancellations
- 30 to 60 Days: Up to 50% of the rooms may be cancelled without penalty. Each room cancelled in excess of 50% are subject to a cancellation fee of one night’s room revenue.
- Within 30 Days: Each room cancelled will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to one nights room revenue.
General Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations 7 Days: Within 7 days prior to arrival, rooms cancelled may be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the first nights room revenue.
- 48 hours: Within 48 hours prior to arrival rooms cancelled will be subject to a cancellation fee of the first nights room revenue.
All cancellations must be received in writing.
- Children from 1-14 years stay FOC in Island Suites when sharing existing bedding with adult/s.
- All rates are room only unless otherwise stated and include most non-motorised beach activities and equipment, glass bottom boat tour, and return transfers to/from Cairns Wharf.
- Maximum number of people in an Island Suite is two adults and two small children or three adults.
- Maximum number of people in a Reef Suite is two adults.
Vessel Transfer Conditions
- Departure times may be subject to change with further notice.
From Cairns: 0830, 1030, 1300
From Green Island: 0915/0945*, 1200, 1430 or 1630
* Turnaround vessel, departure times may vary.
- ALL coach and vessel transfer times must be pre-booked at the time of reserving accommodation.
- Bookings are made to Green Island Resort Reservations Department.
- Check-in is at the Green Island Resort check-in counter half an hour prior to departure time, located at the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns.
- Luggage Restrictions: Due to Queensland Government Workplace Health and Safety requirements with respect to manual luggage handling, the maximum weight of luggage is 23 kg per bag/case. Should a single piece of luggage exceed 23kg, contents will need to be transferred to another bag which shall be provided.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On very rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should Green Island Resort or any related third party businesses not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
Diving & Snorkelling
Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from diving. For advice contact our reservations office. Minimum age for diving is 12 years. Green Island Resort recommend a wait of 12 hours but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity. Please use caution and inform our crew of any medical conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USING THIS SITE
The material on this internet site is made available for the purpose of providing access to current information and is not provided as professional advice.
Before relying on the material, users should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances to evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes.
Some material on this internet site may include or summarise views, standards or recommendations of third parties. The inclusion of such material is not an endorsement by us of that material and not an indication of our commitment to any particular course of action.
Links provided to other internet sites are provided for the user’s convenience and do not constitute endorsement of the information at those sites. We accept no responsibility for material contained in any site that is linked to this internet site.
Green Island Resort is part of the Quicksilver Group ABN 26010434269